We’ve received this letter From Brian Ngoma regarding the new curriculum at Living Hope:
Dear Sir/ Madam,
Ref: THE IMPACT OF NEW CURRICULUM
My name is Brian Ngoma and I am 16 years old. I am a pupil at Living Hope Foundation Community School and I am in my Eighth Grade.
I would like to share with you on behalf of my fellow pupils the advantage and disadvantage of the newly introduced Curriculum.
The following are some of the advantages and disadvantages.
– The new Curriculum has help us the pupils to have simple understanding in our academicsince many books are in Local Language..
– It has helped some of us to have easy construction of syllables and building of words in English.
– The Curriculum has Computer Lessons in the following subjects such as Mathematics, Creative and Technology Studies and as a result, so many of us have access to Computer Information.
– With the newly introduced Curriculum, it has become a challenge for some of the pupils to learn, know and understand English.
– It has become a challenge for some of my fellow pupils to read even simple English Words.
– It has greatly affected our English grammar.
I would like to appeal to all well-wishers and the Government of the Republic of Zambia to come on board and help in the donation of Book at Living Hope Foundation Community School. This will help us in terms of reading culture and more competition among pupils.