Help with our Programs
Learn about and take our message to churches, schools and other civic institutions in order to build our U.S. support.
Develop an expanded program to approach corporate donors in the U.S.
Assist our Communications Committee in shaping our message and keeping active our social media program.
Assist our Library Committee in selecting and sending books to Zambia.
Assist our Development Committee in our Annual Campaign.
Provide professional expertise to our Education Committee on Africa and education to help us further evaluate our programs.
Work with our Operations Committee to organize our annual trip to Zambia. (see A Service Learning Experience below).
Offer expert legal and financial advice to our Board.
Put us in contact with Zambians or others who might be interested in our cause.
Talk to us about an internship to work on any of the suggestions above.
A Service Learning Experience
Attention to all those who are interested in traveling to Zambia with Communities Without Borders during the summer of 2018.
Approximate Trip Dates: Late June – Mid July, 2018
Registration Deadline: March 1, 2018
Highlights from our trips:
- Experience a multi-dimensional itinerary that encompasses active participation
- Build cross-cultural relationships
- Contribute and distribute school supplies to local communities
- Visit community schools and secondary schools
- Immerse yourself with local Zambians in the compounds
- Learn about the challenges that these communities face
- Assist with health screenings, teaching, and interacting with children
- Create memories that will last a lifetime
- Trip leaders
- Accommodations and lodging
- Food and snacks
- Trip to Livingstone and Victoria Falls
- Trip: $1725 per person based on double occupancy
- Airfare: $1800 per person
- Donation: $500 (tax-deductible)
From Past Travelers
Rachel Brown traveled to Zambia with CWB in 2013. She made a short film about her experience. Rachel is now a film student at NYU.
Lynn Perry, a Lexington special education teacher, shares highlights of the 2016 summer trip.
For more information
Help with school infrastructure projects in Zambia
Tutor Students in Zambian Schools
Build Infrastructure such as wells and latrines in Zambia